Monday, March 12, 2012

Grilled Salmon Sandwich


So I am all about easy recipe, working 2 jobs over 60 hours a week will do that to you.  I must say Pinterest in the most amazing creation ever!!!! J  It has helped me find ideas on things to make for dinner. For this sandwich in an hour I cook, we ate and cleaned!



What you will need to make a meal for two.


-          2 pieces of fresh salmon (I used 2 5 oz pieces).


-          2 rolls


-          Few slices of onion  (I prefer red onion)


-          Cajun Seasoning (you can also use blackening season)  


-          Spinach leaves (or lettuce)


-          Avocado mayo (see recipe posted before this one)


-          Few slices of a tomato





What you need to do.





1) I cut off the skin/scale part of the salmon, and then put the Cajun seasoning on both sides.  You can always do this earlier in the day and put it back in the fridge so it can sit in the seasoning longer. 


2) I love to grill but in my apartment we can not have grills so I use my George Forman Grill (worked great!).  Grill the salmon on both sides for about 8-11 minutes (depends on your grill and how think the salmon is). 


3) While salmon is grilling put together you sandwich.  I did lightly grill my rolls in the George Forman Grill.  Spread your mayo on the roll then layer spinach leaves, onion, and tomato. Once salmon is done place on top and then boom your set to go and dinner is ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment